Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tony Roma's

Once a year, I like to have a steak meal at Tony Roma's on my birthday. Since I was travelling so much during my birthday and after, I didn't get a chance to go to Tony's until this weekend. Better late than never, I say.

Pina Strawberry Swirl

For drinks, my dining partner had a pina strawberry swirl which I guess is a pina colada with strawberry. I didn't really like the coconut aftertaste but the strawberry flavour masked much of the taste. As for me, I like to treat myself to something alcoholic on this occasion and I decided to try one of the 'drinkable desserts'. I chose the Strawberry Cheesecake Martini. This concoction consisted of vodka, Irish cream, fresh strawberries and ice cream. Surprisingly light with just a hint of vodka, it was lovely to sip. Definitely deserves two pictures:

Strawberry Cheesecake MartiniStrawberry Cheesecake Martini

My dining partner's main course was a grilled salmon with garlic scampi butter finish. Served with fresh vegetables and some sort of yellow rice, the fish was crisp and soft in the right places.

Grilled salmon

My main course was of course, a steak. This time I chose a New York Strip steak, made well done. I prefer my meat with as little fat as possible, but I chose this cut over the filet mignon because it was quite a bit larger and I was hungry :) The steak was a fine specimen of meatiness and didn't have too much fat. The texture was suitably tender and chewy and the flavour was excellent. I chose a shiitake mushroom topping to go with it and it complemented the meat perfectly. My steak craving was well satisfied.

New York Strip Steak

We ordered another drink to make up for our poor choice in ordering the pina strawberry considering we don't like coconut in drinks :) The Old Fashioned Lemonade was very tart and had a sizable portion of a lemon in it. Quite nice as lemonades go.

Old Fashioned Lemonade

The bill came up to about RM160 which was to be expected and was well worth it. Thanks Tony Roma's for a lovely meal! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review, Jason. We're glad you had a delicious meal and a great time on your birthday. We really like your blog and will share it with our users.

    ReplyDelete