Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'd like to stay and have my first Champagne...?

ChampagneFortunately, Captain Von Trapp isn't here to be a total buzzkill, so the answer is an emphatic YES.

Every year for the past few years, I've bought a bottle of wine to celebrate the end of the year. I'm not much of a drinker, but hey, it's New Year's Eve. This year I bought, for the first time, a bottle of actual Champagne - a half-size (37.5 cl) bottle of Laurent-Perrier Brut. It cost a bomb at RM119, but it's been pretty good year and I've always wanted to try Champagne.

In the first few seconds of 2011, I had the most expensive drink I've ever had in my life... and it was good. Quite different from other white wines I've had, there was a sweet aroma and bite from the carbonation. I wouldn't say it was worth the price, but it's something to be experienced at least once in your life.

Happy New Year, world :)
Let's hope it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment