Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Food Post: Tony Roma's


You wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I love food. One of my vices in life is the consumption of what most of my friends would consider rather expensive food. So this shall be the first of many food-related posts.

I discovered Tony Roma's through a friend about a year back. It's a nice place and the food is good without being too expensive.

We got to the restaurant late for lunch today due to a traffic mishap (see my Twitter stream), so this was a combination lunch/dinner meal for me. It's a good thing as I was more than satiated by the end. We started with a favourite appetizer of mine - the Onion Loaf.

Onion Loaf


Fried MushroomsWe decided to order another appetizer as we were planning to share a main course. The fried mushrooms sounded nice (you can never go wrong with fried mushrooms) and I thought it would complement the onion loaf nicely. When it arrived, it turns out that the portion is HUGE. There were no less than 20 mushrooms there! I was only expecting around six or so. They were really good and a nice value for the asking price of RM16.90.



The main course arrived soon and it looked good. They called it Chicken Alfredo Florentine. It was linguini pasta in an alfredo sauce served with baby spinach and grilled chicken breasts. The chicken was nicely prepared and not too dry and the sauce was pleasantly light for an alfredo sauce. Sorry for the slightly unfocused picture... phone cameras aren't all that good.

Chicken Alfredo Florentine

It took some time, but we finished it all :)

Virgin Strawberry DaiquiriSpecial mention goes to my dining partner's drink (I just had the refillable ice lemon tea... I was really thirsty). She was driving, so she got a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri. I didn't try it, but she said it was only fair, not exceptional. It sure did look nice though.

And that concludes my first food post. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it (and eating the food of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment