Thursday, June 10, 2010

First!

Greetings O Denizens of the Internet.

Welcome to my little corner of the world wide web.

This is my first post, so I guess introductions are in order.

Hello Gentle Reader, my name is Jason. I am what would commonly be known as a nerd or a geek - take your pick. I grew up in a really boring town before moving to the big city. I've been an engineer since I graduated college seven odd years ago. My first job was at a local manufacturing firm. I toiled for almost five years before the company went under and we were all fired. On the bright side, there was a generous settlement which gave me time to find a better job. After successfully navigating the job hunt and interview gauntlet, I now find myself at a large multinational engineering firm. So life is fairly good for the most part.

I've used the internet long enough to recall the beep-hiss of the dial-up modem mating ritual but I've never been overly fond of social networking or contributing any sort of content to the Web. After all, it's not like anyone would read anything I put up.

What changed my mind? Well I recently got a 'smartphone' that enables me to access the internet (almost) wherever I am. This has changed my outlook on the whole social aspect of the internet. So I got a Twitter account and I've enjoyed the whole microblogging experience. Now I think I'm ready to make a full blog and so here we are - my very own "I was here" for future anthropologists to bore themselves over. My nerd guru assures me this will make me more modern.

I'm pretty sure no one will read this, but I'll give it a shot anyway. The big question is what to post. I think I'll just make it up as I go along. In the words of Jean-Luc Picard, let's see what's out there.

 
Engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment