Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Goodbye to an old friend

We've been through a lot, you and I.

Ten years is a long time.

I remember the day we first met. We shared a connection and I knew we would journey well together. You were my faithful companion since my first job. We've shared long days and long nights, ups and downs, good times and not-so-good times.

Over the years, I may not have treated you with the care you deserved and I'm sorry for that. That fateful night when you finally gave up will live in my memory. Major surgery on your part and financial losses on mine will mark us - you more than I.

Time has not been kind to you, my friend. Your body wore, your skin dulled, and yet you still carried on; you still carried me with grace. And now comes time to part ways. I'll almost miss your familiar creaks and bumps, your quaking body stoically holding on. But all things must end, and today we journey together for the last time. I hope your next companion will treat you well and that you continue to travel the roads good or bad.

Farewell to you my friend, my first car, my Proton Iswara.

And thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment