Monday, August 20, 2012

33

Another year over, and it's time for the 'traditional' birthday posting.

Posts are rare this past year since I joined Google+. I suppose it's not so much writer's block as writer's laziness. Hopefully I'll have the will to write more before the '34' post. In any case, it's been a fairly uneventful year for me. On a sad front, Steve Jobs passed away and evoked perhaps surprisingly sad feelings for me. I watched some great movies but was too lazy to review them. I attended my company annual dinner dressed in home-made zombie make-up - my first costume ever. I had pleasant end of year festivities, did some cooking, and had my first paint-ball game. Oh and I also bought a nice new Sony Xperia S to replace my unbearably unstable Xperia X2 and finally (very happily) entered the Android ranks.

For my birthday this year, I am writing this just after a very nice lunch in Penang. By celestial good fortune, my birthday coincides with Hari Raya festivities this year so I was able to go to my parents' place for an extended period. I've also placed an order for a spanking new car which I'll post about later - a birthday gift of sorts from me to me :). As Emperor Kuzco would say, "I'm so happy."

Cake by Aunt, Icing by Sister and Me, Lettering by Me


In terms of numbers, it seems 33 isn't all that fun:
  • It's the smallest odd repdigit which is not a prime. Whoopie.
  • It's the atomic number of Arsenic, commonly used in rat poison. Of course it's also used in some semiconductors so that's something.
  • It's the number of vertebrae in a normal human spine
  • It's traditionally considered to be the year Jesus Christ was crucified.
  • It's the numerical representation of AMEN (1+13+5+14 = 33). Cute.
  • It's a symbol of the Klu Klux Klan (K=11, 33=11x3=KKK). Not so cute.
  • It's the alleged age of Alexander the Great when he died. Bummer.
Happy Birthday to me! Hope it will be an awesome year :)
Until next time, thanks for reading!

(Number facts from Wikipedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment