Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Well I've completed my 31st orbit around the Sun. Wheeeeeeeeeee.......

What's happened in the past year? Let's see...  got a promotion of sorts, lots more work, my parents finally moved from my crummy home town, I got 4Mbps internet, bought a few gadgets and stuff, and... that's about it.

To celebrate, here are a few fun facts about the number 31:
  • 31 is a prime number, and not just any prime number, but a Mersenne Prime which is a prime number 1 less than a power of 2. I enjoy powers of two, so this is cool.
  • 31 is the number of ice cream flavours from Baskin-Robbins. Ice cream is always good and I like Baskin-Robbins better than that overpriced and overrated Häagen Dazs.
  • 31 is the atomic number of gallium. Gallium is widely used in light-emitting semiconductors. I like LEDs, so this is cool.
  • The sum of the digits of the 31st Fibonacci number (1346269) is 31. Creepy.
  • 31111111111111111111111111111111/31 is prime. That's 31 1s on the numerator. Cute.
  • 31 has the first two digits of pi and pi³ is allllmost 31. Pi is fun.

And here are some people who share my birthday:
  • H.P. Lovecraft (1890) - Creepy horror writer
  • Isaac Hayes (1942) - Composer of the Shaft theme. I can dig that.
  • John Noble (1948) - Actor who played Denethor in LOTR and Walter Bishop in Fringe! I like Walter a lot. He's so funny and cute.
  • Jonathan Ke Quan (1971) - Short Round from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.
  • Misha Collins (1974) - Castiel from Supernatural. The most amusing Supernatural character by far.

Happy Birthday to me!

(Number facts from Wikipedia and  Prime Curios!)

No comments:

Post a Comment