Thursday, March 10, 2011

Physiotherapy, Part 2

Wheeeeeee..... another physiotherapy session. On the menu today, we have a heat pack for starters, followed by 10 minutes of electrical stimulation. For the main course, we have aggressive massage and stretching and for dessert, we have cold compress with free movement.

The session today was done at the 'Hand Unit', the workshop-esque section. The regular physiotherapist didn't really do anything for me today. Instead, another guy performed the stretching to loosen my stiff elbow. It was very painful of course. I found myself laughing while he was doing it. There's something darkly funny about subjecting yourself to such pain and I guess it's better than crying about it. At the end of it, there was an improvement in the extension by maybe 10 degrees with little improvement in flexion.

My arm is quite sore and there's still another session tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment