Monday, March 21, 2011

Physiotherapy, Part 6 (Featuring Doctor Consult)

This post should have been written a couple of days ago, but I was lazy, so sue me. The last of the first wave of physiotherapy sessions, the sixth one wasn't much different from the last one. We did the same strength training exercise under electrical stimulation. This time however, the manipulation was done by a woman. You'd think a woman might be gentler, but you'd be wrong. She concentrated mostly on wrist movement which was still quite stiff and painful to move. I had not been doing much wrist movement because it hurt so much, but the therapist forced me to move it and used a strap to kinda spiral round my arm to gradually force my wrist to turn. It was very painful but I must say after a couple of days, the range of motion has improved tremendously. There is still pain at the end of the range so it's not quite there yet, but it's heartening. My flexion is still stiff and painful to bend but seems to be improving (very) slowly.

That was Friday.

On Saturday, I went to see the doctor for a consult. Not much to say. My extension is almost full but not quite and flexion is still stiff. He prescribed more physiotherapy and an MRI on Thursday to rule out any secondary injury (apart from the bone). In any case, I had already made physiotherapy appointments on Tuesday and Thursday (down to twice a week now). I've never had an MRI before; I'm a little apprehensive, but the nerd in me can't help but feel a little excited.

Until next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment