Thursday, March 17, 2011

Physiotherapy, Part 5

There isn't much to report for the latest physiotherapy session. The usual 15 minute hot pack was followed by some manipulation by the therapist. It still hurts to rotate my wrist and flexing also causes quite a bit of pain. We did electrical stimulation to biceps and triceps simultaneously while moving my arm with resistance provided by a rubber strap attached to the wall behind me. This lasted for about 20 minutes and was very tiring. After the exercise, the therapist performed some more manipulation which again, hurt a lot.

My extension is almost 180 degrees now, maybe off by 5 degrees or so. Letting my arm hang down is almost painless now (apart from the soreness caused by all the manipulation). The therapist says the joint is 90% functional and we need to concentrate on strength improvement. One more session tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment